cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i have a voice project has 40 analog pstn lines ,which gateway i can use in this for call manager be6k incoming and outgoing

Kevin100
Level 1
Level 1

Hai  I need help to design one analog voice gateway for call manager which has at present 40 analog pstn lines. I need to use this for calls. Be6k is going to implement. There will be around 200 analog phones too. Please advice which gateway  I can use for routing calls incoming and out going through these lines  ,also need advice regarding  best  call accounting and billing software

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies I misundersttod your question. What country is this in as I don't think it is economical anywhere to pay for 40 analog lines rather than PRI or sip trunk, in US cost of about 10 analog lines is the same as PRI and you get 23 lines with it.

if again that is not an option then you can load up a router with VIC-4FXO cards and see if you can find NM-HDV card somewher to add few more there.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jayanth Velkuri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you could 2XT1'1 instead of analog Lines

any 29xx should work

Thanks for reply but customer no way agree for t1

He has only analog lines.

need to use these analog lines for call forward and receiving.

Avaya already provided a solution with analog gateway for 40 lines.

I requested customer for to go  for t1. or sip but its an old establishment and they are not willing .

future they may do. ..I think only solution use max fxo ports on router or depend on third party fxo gateways with sip trunk

Apologies I misundersttod your question. What country is this in as I don't think it is economical anywhere to pay for 40 analog lines rather than PRI or sip trunk, in US cost of about 10 analog lines is the same as PRI and you get 23 lines with it.

if again that is not an option then you can load up a router with VIC-4FXO cards and see if you can find NM-HDV card somewher to add few more there.

its an old establishment in middle east,they don't want to change  analog  lines from 1999

I tried to convince them for pri but tel number problem.and telco refused changing to isdn with same numbers.

new lines they will go for isdn.

so fxo on router only solution as i thought.

vg 350 gateway actually  that gateway name confuses

thanks for reply

Correct, I am not aware of Cisco high density FXO cards/solutions as there would be very little demand and money to be made for those :-(

As you pointed out the VG3XX GWs are station port analog GWs, which is not what you are looking for.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VG320 or VG350 is what you should be looking at, as VG224 is EOS, see data sheet for VG3XX GWs:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/vg-series-gateways/product_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Chris

Thanks for reply ,but i need fxo ports right,these gateways i can see only fxs ports,i do not want to use any analog devices like phones,what i need is 40 fxo ports to connect to 40 pstn analog lines.

i check ordering guide for these vg series but only fxs,can we configure it as fxo also ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: