Views
Helpful
Replies

I need a Cisco Squawk Box

m.fugate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

I work for a large agriculture company and they have connections called Hoot and Hollers. These connections are always on, dial peer in the router places the call and a modified analog phone (4wire) is connected to a router via an e&m card. Well, the problem is that our sites are moving to VOIP and some of the global config's like "call perservation" is causing problems with the e&m connection.

What I need to know is, does Cisco or anyone have a push-to-talk squawk box/speaker phone. The Speaker has to stay on all the time, due to trading, but when there is something they want to buy... they need to push a button or pickup a handset... buy what they need to buy ... then hang up or release the button... all without disconnecting the speaker connection or call. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't make the special phone hardware, but has hoot and hooler configurations already in place with major trading firms since years. Your local Cisco Senior SE for UC should be able to tell you more.

Of course if cisco phone is ok for the job it would be just a matter of unmute when willing to talk.