cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P 11.5 add subscriber

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to follow 'Installation Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service Release 11.5(1)' to add a new IM&P subscriber and am following to understand a couple of the steps, I wonder if anyone can help explain?

Step 3

(On the Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher node) Create all presence redundancy groups and nodes in the cluster.

Note 
Do not add a node in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server list during the installation process.
Step 4

(On the IM and Presence Service database node) Associate each of the subscriber nodes in the cluster with the publisher node. You must associate the subscriber node with the publisher node before you install that subscriber IM and Presence Service node.

Unlike how Step 3 reads, I find the IM&P subscriber install fails if the node isn't added to the Server list in CUCM.  And what exactly does Step 4 mean?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like some outdated documentation to me. Just need to create all IM&P nodes in the server list in CUCM, then install IM&P publisher. After IM&P publisher is installed, you can proceed to install IM&P subscriber(s).

These steps may have been copy-pasted from the days when CUPS was a completely separate cluster from CUCM.