Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P Search Filter with UDS

Several users are connecting their Jabber enpoints using MRA and this is working fine.  The issue I have is I wanted to restritct groups to only be able to add contacts/message contacts within their own group.  I was going to do this using enhanced directory and giving them a search base that included only their group.  I found however that when using MRA it can only use UDS as directory services and I was wondering if there was a way to do the same restrictions using UDS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, UDS is a flat directory, you cannot do any filtering.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, UDS is a flat directory, you cannot do any filtering.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rok Tisler
Level 1
Level 1

<deleted>

Hey Rok,
I did look a little into doing this however ended up not getting all that far but since you have done it I am more interested in trying a little harder.  In order to build this do you just basically build all the same restful API parameters into your own UDS?  When users are trying to login do you just pass it through to the CUCM server?

What did you need to do on VCS/Expressway as it seems like that overrides what you put in jabber-config for a UDS server.

Thanks,

Cameron

<deleted>

What do I need to do on expressway to get that to work for MRA?  Also is there just the one restful method you need to build?

Thanks again for the help

Cameron, Jamie has already answered your question. There is no filtering that can be done to UDS directory. 

Please rate all useful posts

I am afraid this is erroneous information. Jabber discovers UDS server automatically and doesn't use any uds server ip address in the jabber configuration file. Your jabber config file should only be used for customization not for things like this. And like Jamie said UDS is flat, there is no filtering  the can be done to it 

Of course you can.. But what us the process that jabber uses for discovery? Why would you want to specify a UDS server when jabber already has discovered the UDS server.. That to me is absolutely redundant 

Ayodei, sorry for my late answer,

Manually specifying UDS server for directory integration means just as it sounds - for directory integration. It has nothing to do with services discovery or registration.

Please try this:

Provision jabber on your original CCM, build another "test CCM" for directory integration only, where you distinguish in LDAP custom filter. That way you will have different results on UDS query (regarding different filter). In Jabber config file point directory UDS services to your test CCM as per documentation. You will see filtered contacts accordingly.

SIP/CTI/XMPP registration will go to original CCM/CUP servers already discovered with DNS.

To work with MRA, configure "allowed http hosts" pointing to your test CCM in VCS-C. (Jabber client will have to accept cert of your test CCM).

This works with all types of jabber clients from 9.6 version.

Regards,Rok