Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound call blocking - nuisance calls

Ben Fuller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Interested to know if anyone has researched options for blocking inbound calls?

To date, I am unaware of any means of doing this within Cisco Call Manager.  All requests to external telcos seem to fall flat.  The only thing we can do is report the number, and register with TPS.

We regularly suffer with nuisance calls into our London office (e.g. PPI etc).  Our users regularly ask if we are able to block calls from a specific number e.g. 0800 XXX XXX.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks all for the feedback

ill update you on my progress

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ben,

Create a dial-peer to match that exact calling number (which needs to be blocked) in the gateway and apply translations in that incoming dial-peer to translate the called number to an invalid number so that the call will fail if it comes from this specific number. I havent tried this, but you could check whether it helps.

HTH

Rajan

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a topic that has been discussed, literally, hundreds of times at CSC, if you do a search, you'll find all the info you need, and the several options you can use, depending on protocols and versions.

If you're looking for a 3rd party option

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Endpoints_FAQ#Is_there_anyway_to_configure_a_white_.2F_black_list_for_calls.3F.3F

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate