cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound Caller ID Number

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to modify a number based on its Type?

For example, I want to prepend '00' to this number before sending it to my users.  I want to prepend a single '0' to National Type numbers.

Calling Party Number i = 0x1183, '1XXX494XXXX'
Plan:ISDN, Type:International

So this one should be '001XXX494XXXX' when sent to my users.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

For an incoming call, you can go to Service parameters and search for "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix " after setting to Advanced.

This can be utilized for H323 and MGCP gateway calls for type National, International, Subscriber and Unknown.

Regards,

Hitesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jacob,

For an incoming call, you can go to Service parameters and search for "Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix " after setting to Advanced.

This can be utilized for H323 and MGCP gateway calls for type National, International, Subscriber and Unknown.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi Hitesh,

This looks to be a global setting.  I only have 1 site of the 4 in this cluster that needs this change.  Is there any way to do this on the gateway level?

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can also make use of calling party transformation patterns. Basically create calling party transformation pattern for international calls, national calls etc and specify appropriate calling party transformation CSS on the gateway/trunk.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03trpat.html

Aseem

Hi Aseem,

The problem is that there is not enough information to do the transformation by number.  The country where I am seeing this problem has an area that should be 044XXXXXX but there is a country code that should be 0044XXXXXX but both come through as 44XXXXXX.  I have no way other than Type to differentiate them.

Hi Jacob,

Got it! What kind of gateway are you using? If the numbering type sent by provider is correct then as Hitesh suggested, you can make use of " Incoming Calling Party Settings" on the gateway page in CUCM.

If using H323 or SIP VG then you can make use of voice translation rules.

Refer to the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html#type_plan

Aseem

Hi Aseem,

Thank you.  I will try this when I get back to the office in the morning and update with my progress.

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hitesh,

That did the trick.  Thanks a ton for you help!