Replies

Inbound calls are showing ‘unknown number" primacell

islamnazih00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Cisco Support Community Group,

Good morning or good evening,

I hope all is well
.I have a router model 2811 with 4 ports, and I'm using one of them, port 0/1/0, for a Primacell FWT  However, the number appears as "unknown.".

Also, I have another router, model 2911, with the same Primacell FWT connected to it and it works well; the number is showing 

I have sent the configuration file along with debug logs for reference.

3 Replies 3

The log shows that the call setup message does not have ANI, so the router does not have a CLID to send.

Can you also post the router config for the 2911 so we can compare? The 2811 and 2911 don't have significant differences in IOS, so I'm suspecting a configuration issue.

Maren

It's the same config, not of there's any difference, I'll send it along with the logs.

Thank you for help

As a quick FYI: The 2811 is capturing the inbound call on "Incoming Dial-peer=0" (look for that in the log), while the 2911 is capturing the call in "Incoming Dial-peer=71" Because there is no dial-peer with "incoming called-number ." dial peer, the next choice of incoming dial-peers is to capture the CLID and match on a "destination-pattern" type dial-peer. With the call on the 2811 coming in with no CLID, there is no match on any dial-peer. This explains why dial-peer 0 is selected.

Read this for a little more detail on the above (and my apologies if I am telling you something you already know):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html#anc20 

Now to your question: Are these inbound calls coming inbound from your service provider? Or are they inbound from another internal system? Are these ports FXO or FXS-DID? 

If these are coming "from" Primacel, then it looks to me like they aren't sending CLID. You can check this by using debug vpm port 0/1/0. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Maren