cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound dial peers, how to route call from voip to extensions.

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

I've followed this https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/configuring-vic2-2fxs-and-vic2-2fxo-to-make-call-thru-them/td-p/2207237 to get my fxs ports talking to each other, config below. How do i route calls coming in from voip, or a fxo port. What I want is for an incoming call from an fxo port or voip, to route to ideally two or more extensions. This way, i can have a fxo port take incoming calls and route them to extensions 10 and 11, then the switch over to voip and remove the POTS land line. I'm not sure about the capabilities of the 2901. Can it route to TWO extensions, then whoever picks up first connects the call? Or do i need an Asterisk PBX or something? If two are not possible, how to route to one extension? Can someone give me a config sample? As i understand it my voip provider is just giving me one number, not sure if it has did, thanks.

slot0:VIC2-4FXO
slot1:VIC3-4FXS/DID

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 10

port 0/1/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 11

port 0/1/1

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 12

port 0/1/2

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 13

port 0/1/3

dial-peer voice 3 voip

destination-pattern 9.T

session target target ipv4:[ip address]

8 Replies 8

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Configure connection plar on the required FXO port to ring an extension number and configure the same extension as a hunt pilot number. In the hunt list add the required extensions to ring (10 &11) so that the call received on the FXO port rings both the extensions and any one can pick that.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

so i did a:
voice-port 0/0/0
connection plar 10

Then created the hunt group:
voice hunt-group 1 parallel
pilot 10
list 10, 11
this caused AFW_application_ to eat 100% CPU! So changed it to list 11, 0
0 leads nowhere, but put 10 there and there's a loop, it has to have 2 numbers. So,
voice hunt-group 1 parallel
pilot 10
list 11, 0
timeout 20

added a timeout too.

I managed to test the fxo port by connecting it to extension 12 and ringing it from extension 13. extension 12 was picked up by the fxo, it dialed 10, rang 11 in the hunt group! thanks.

Could you explain the incoming dial peer setup for voip? or give a config example?

Use a pilot number which is different from the used extensions. This will avoid the loop.

May I know what call flow you are trying to achieve in order to suggest the dial-peer setup.

HTH
Rajan
Please mark all useful posts as helpful and solutions as accepted wherever applicable

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I've been reading this document https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/ios-xe/config/ios-xe-book/m_voi-inbnd-dp-match-uri.html . As I understand it i would need to add something along these lines. There is only one sip so matching on the domain/ip is sufficient.

voice class uri 202 sip
host dns:sample.com

dial-peer voice 101 voip
session protocol sipv2
incoming uri via 202

Assuming I'm in the right direction, how would i set the above dial peer to ring extension 10, and hence trigger the hunt-group?

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

Dont suppose someone could assist? I think I'm 50% there. Also how would you route calls to an FXO? I'm assuming you would edit the dial peer with the destination-pattern 9.T declaration, but how to route to FXO?

The documentation on cisco stuff is exhaustive...but sometimes lacking basic examples. It may be that the reading level is for qualified Cisco engineers, and I'm at the top of the Dunning-Kruger curve though. 

Hi,

Just creating a dialpeer pots and pointing to your FXO port

Eg.

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 9T (Remember that all explicit Digit will be strippped out from dialing by default)

port X/X/X <--- Your FXO Port

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

mR_Slug
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone. As I understand it i would need to add something along these lines.

voice class uri 202 sip
host dns:sample.com

dial-peer voice 101 voip
session protocol sipv2
incoming uri via 202

How would i set the above dial peer to ring extension 10, and hence trigger the hunt-group? This is the final bit i'm missing.

Hi,

To send voip  incoming call to a destination you need to adapt the dialed number to the destination number, in this case 10 and this could be accomplished through a voice translation rule and a translation profile.

Let’s say the incoming called number is 012345 and you want to translate it to 10:

First create a translation rule with an id eg. 10

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^012345$/ /10/ “this rule says if a number beings (^) with 012345 and it’s exactly that number (with $ you say that no more digits should be matched in that rule)  , than transform it into “10”

Than we need to associate  this translation rule to a translation profile:

voice translation-profile IN-CALLS (this is a generic name )

translate called 10 <— this is the translation rule ID

Finally apply the profile to a dialpeer

dial-peer voice 101 voip

translation-profile incoming IN-CALLS (incoming is the direction of the call)

Here a reference doc about translation rules 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"