cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound SIP Call Setup Delay

taylor.howard
Level 1
Level 1

We have a single site deployment with calls to/from telephone numbers on the PSTN coming over a SIP trunk via a CUBE and SIP calls being routed via our expressway pair to/from the internet. We are experiencing a long delay for incoming SIP calls over the internet.

I have a phone on a completely seperate network belonging to another business and when I make a SIP URI call there is a delay of about 10 seconds before that call hits our expressway-e, the time from when the call hits our expressway-e to when the phone rings is minimal. I have had someone from a third business try and they had the same delay. We can make/receive calls to/from the PSTN with minimal delay and make outbound SIP calls over the internet with minimal delay.

I'm not too sure what the cause is. Do I need to configure reverse DNS for the expressway-e? Would a non-publicly trusted expressway-e certificate cause a delay? Any other possibilities? Due to such a long delay it seems like something must be timing out. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

see if I understand this correctly, an internet phone calls your organisation, using URI dialing. From the moment where the internet client dials your URI up to the moment where you can see the INVITE hits your VCS-e takes about 10 seconds?

BTW you can use a free 30 day trial account with goacano to test uri dialing inbound

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yes, that's correct.

Okay thanks I'll take a look at goacano.

Thanks for your reply. Did you have any idea as to what might be causing the issue?