Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call issue : Cause i = 0x80A9 - Temporary failure

Joel George
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing a weird issue with one PRI connected to our VG .

We have a CISCO3945 VG with 4 PRIs configured as MGCP to CUCM 10.5.

Normal incoming calls are working fine but as soon as I enable a CallForward All to another PSTN number. Incoming calls fails on the Router. Below is what I could find from ISDN debugs.

------------------------------

Oct 27 04:57:49.082: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x40D9
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839C
                Exclusive, Channel 28
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '9986012965'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0x81, '5899'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
Oct 27 04:57:49.094: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xC0D9
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839C
                Exclusive, Channel 28
Oct 27 04:57:49.296: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0xC0D9
        Cause i = 0x80A9 - Temporary failure
Oct 27 04:57:49.346: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE pd = 8  callref = 0x40D9
Oct 27 04:57:49.374: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0xC0D9
CRPtcSINblnxt02#

----------------------

When CallForward All is not enabled, incoming calls matures fine and rings on the desk phone.

----------------------

Oct 27 05:00:23.502: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x40DC
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839B
                Exclusive, Channel 27
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '9986012965'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0x81, '5899'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
Oct 27 05:00:23.518: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0xC0DC
        Channel ID i = 0xA9839B
                Exclusive, Channel 27
Oct 27 05:00:23.518: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0xC0DC
        Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available
CRPtcSINblnxt02#
-----------------------------------

This issue is observed only on DID numbers of 1PRI and other PRIs configured as MGCP is working fine. We are not observing this issue if CallForward All is enabled to an internal number.

I am unable to find out more regarding this issue. Please let me know how to proceed to troubleshoot this and let me know if any additional info is needed regarding the same.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge  

All the guys here have checked the gateway and dsp on the gateway. We still don't see the call setup for the forwarded call coming from cucm. Hence we need to see cucm logs. Can you enable detailed logging on your cucm servers. Please test again and send us the logs. Include all the call details 

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joel,

I guess below is the call flow you are trying to achieve:

PRI --> gateway --> CUCM --> IP Phone extension --> CFWD ALL --> Gateway --> PRI

If it is, then we do not see any invite for the forwarded call in the gateway debugs. COuld you please confirm whether the CallForward All works when you call this extension from another internal extension and whether that call is forwarded properly to the external number ?

Thanks,

Rajan

Hi Joel.

To add a tip to what Rajan correctly suggested  (+5 Rajan), please check that on directory number configuration page , you are selecting there correct CSS near the Forward all field and that Call Forward CSS activation policy is "With CSS configured"

Please let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Rajan and Carlos,

Thanks for the reply,

I checked the call forwarding functionality. It is working fine, when I call this extension from another internal extension, call is forwarded properly to the external number.

It is only the below call flow that is not working.

PRI --> gateway --> CUCM --> IP Phone extension --> CFWD ALL --> Gateway --> PRI

From what I see I am not sure if it is reaching the extension as well when a call is made to the extension from PSTN.

PRI -->Gateway --fails>>CUCM-->IP Phone extension --> CFWD ALL -->Gateway -->PRI

As mentioned earlier, this is observerd only for extensions for this one PRI. Extensions belonging to another PRI has no issue in CallFwding on the same Gateway.

Thanks !

Regards

Joel

Hi Joel.

Can you please attach your current running configuration , a show voice dsp group all and a show voice dsp error?

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Attached is the sh run and dsp logs.

The affected PRI is e1 0/0/0, Other PRIs are working fine.

Regards

Joel

Hi Joel,

thanks for providing the outputs. Could you also provide below debugs for one failed call with the call details.

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

Thanks

Rajan

Hi Rajan, 

Attached is the debugs you requested, I have captured one failed call. 

Call Details : 

Calling number : 9986012965

Called number : 5899

PRI : Se0/0/0:15

Thanks !

Regards

Joel

Jorge  

All the guys here have checked the gateway and dsp on the gateway. We still don't see the call setup for the forwarded call coming from cucm. Hence we need to see cucm logs. Can you enable detailed logging on your cucm servers. Please test again and send us the logs. Include all the call details 

Please rate all useful posts

Hi All, 

Issue is resolved now, even I observed that no call setup is found for forwarded call and started comparing the settings of PRIs on CUCM. 

We found a mismatch in one of the Logical Partitioning Policy configured for the that particular PRI on the CUCM. 

I corrected that and made it same as the other PRIs connected to the VG and after which the callforwarding is working fine. 

Thanks all for assisting me with this issue. Really appreciate it. 

Regards

Joel

Hello,

I have met the same issue, i resolved it by allowing in our Firewall the Ephemeral TCP ports for H.245

From Voice GW to CUCM TCP / 11000-65535 in both ways

Regards.