cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Calling Party Settings: Prepend 9 issue on H323 GW

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 8.5 with H323 gateway PRI (NI2).

I am attempting to fix the common issue of adding a 9 for missed calls from the directory, but am running into an issue.

When I receive a call from an LD or Local number, they are appearing as a National number on the debug.  I would need to add the 91 for LD calls and just the 9 for local, but obviously I must select one or another on the gateway.

Originally, I was going to add the 91 and just create a translation pattern for our local area codes, stripping the 1.  However, we do have some numbers that are in our area code yet still require the 1, so this is not an option.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is there no option to talk to your service provider to send the correct Type and Plan for these calls?

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

I am investigating this as well.

And to clarify:

In Houston, we have area codes 713,832 and 281.

Most 832 and 281 are local calls.  However, there is a small metro area with 281/832 which is considered LD to my provider.

I will see if I can work the telco angle, but think my only other option is to find out all the NXX that are LD and create a pattern for those (not fun).

I think the only option is to exclude the area codes which require 1 from the translation rule. I am assuming that you know the ones which need 1 to be present.

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You may want to create Transformation Patterns for the Calling Numbers and assign it on the GW Config Page (under the Incoming Calling Party Settings) or under the Device Pool

As far as the Transformation Patterns are concerned it should be straight forward e.g. (assuming you are in NANP and in/around New Hempshire, US)

Calling Number = 6035551781       TXLATE to 96035551781   (Local)

Calling Number = 5085551781       TXLATE to 915085551781 (National)

HTH