Views
Helpful
Replies

incoming calls not working for third party phones

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

We are using cisco cal manager 7.x and Voice Gateway router with E1 PRI terminated on it. E1 PRI has got DID facility with pool of say 500 numbers.

The IP phones have got last four digits of DID number configured as DN.These IP phones are able to make outgoing calls and also receive incoming calls directly on their IP phones from outside/PSTN.

In this setup, we have got Motorola phones which are registered to their own box and a SIP TRUNK is created between Call manager and this  Motorola BOX.These Motorola phones have also got Directory numbers as last four digits of DID[same like cisco IP phone] but these numbers do not exist on CUCM.

From Cisco IP phones , we are able to call these motorola phones.Also,motorola phones are able to call outside/PSTN and cisco IP phones as well..

we have created a route pattern in CUCM to reach these motorola phones say 21.6XXX to reach motorola from cisco IP phone.

The problem which we are facing is that outside user cannot reach these motorola phones.the message comes "dialed number does not exist".In the MGCP GW, I can see call is coming for number 6107[ which is mootrola DN] with messsage UNALLOCATED/UNASSIGNED Number.

I tried creating translation pattern in CUCM but the status remains same.

Can some body guide how we can resolve the issue?

regds,

aman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Inbound CSS on the MGCP has access to partition of Route Pattern created for Motorola box?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

You might be having significant digits set to 4 on MGCP gateway, correct? If so, Inbound CSS on MGCP gateway should see the TP matching 6107. Add prefix as 21 here. This Translation Pattern CSS should see the RP already configured viz 21.6XXX.

If done so, this should work here.

- Vivek 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Inbound CSS on the MGCP has access to partition of Route Pattern created for Motorola box?

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

thanks for prompt replies.[+5]

Hi Vivek, the call flow is correct.I tried creating a translation pattern  6107 and was trying to manipulate to 216107 here itself. I tired entering Partition and CSS which is assigned to reach Motorola phones.

the 21 is getting stripped at CUCM since we have selected Discard Pre dot in Route Pattern  which is pointing to SIP Trunk.

Hi Suresh,I would check for Inbound CSS at GW and let u know by tomorrow.

regds,

aman

You might be having significant digits set to 4 on MGCP gateway, correct? If so, Inbound CSS on MGCP gateway should see the TP matching 6107. Add prefix as 21 here. This Translation Pattern CSS should see the RP already configured viz 21.6XXX.

If done so, this should work here.

- Vivek 

Hi Aman,

Could we resolve it?

- Vivek

Hi Vivek/Suresh,

Issue got resolved.

Inbound CSS was correct.Did changes in xlation Pattern and finally, call landed to Motorola phones from PSTN.

thanks for support.

regds,

aman

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aman,

Is this the call flow for outside caller to reach motorola phone?

PSTN caller -> PRI Gateway -> MGCP -> CUCM -> SIP Trunk -> Motorola Box -> Motorola Phones

Let say as you've mentioned, one of the motorola extension is 6107. So when there is a call on PRI for respective DDI number, where exactly you're doing manipulation to further send 6107 over SIP trunk to motorola box.

As you've mentioned that you've route pattern as 21.6XXX to reach motorola box, where you're stripping prefix viz 21? Can inbound CSS on MGCP gateway see this route pattern partition?

Have you taken SIP traces to verify whether INVITE is hitting motorola box or not? This will tell us where to troubleshoot.

- Vivek