Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase number of unit used in licenses uploading CUCM 8.5

yesenia-m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I have a problem with the  licenses uploading, the total of licenses purchased was 100,  before, the number of units used was 2707, after the licenses uploading , this number increase at 2719. The number of units authorized is correct, it increased 100.

Attached this images of Report of  Licenses:

carga de licencias CUCM BACH.png

I can support tell me why this increase was generated in the units used alone was the licenses uploading.

Thank you

Regards

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCM 8.5 uses DLUs for licensing, depending on the license type you purchased it translates user licenses to DLUs, looks like you got 600 new DLUs, which makes it 6 DLUs per user.  Each typical phone type uses 4 DLUs.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris, I understand the use of DLUs, but I not understand because the number of units used is increased, if only I uploaded the licenses, in the licenses uploading  are consume DLUs?

Thank you

Regards

Well, looks like the licensing tool detected 3 more phones since the license upgrade, hence the 12 more DLUs being used. You would need to compare the device usage udner the license unit calculator to see what changed.

Anas,

This is not oversubscribtion issue, as you would have seen that on the screen shots.

HTH,

Chris

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

may be you were oversubscribed before uploading the new license.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

The only reason to increase the units used is to add more devices to CUCM, there is no choice.

Thank you

Regards