Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Information on DPNSS & QSIG

Hello,

I have two setups for which I have to link Cisco voice systems to Simens and Matrix systems as shown in the figure below.

zesa_voice.vsd.jpg

Cisco voice systems (CUCME) should be linked to the Simens one using DPNSS and to the Matrix one using Q.SIG.

May you provide information on the components that I need to achieve these connections. Also provide links to where I can find information on the configuration steps.

I look forward to your assistance.

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

CallManager doesn't do DPNSS. You either need a protocol convertor (Horrible things, but Westell, Sorry, Cisco, do one) or change the card on the Siemens to speak Q.Sig (Highly recommended)

As to what you need on the CallManager side, well, that depends on where you're starting from....

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

Just to back up what Gordon has told you.

The CME has NO DPNSS support you would need to use a Cisco VG30D to convert from QSIG/Q931 to DPNSS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg30d/vg30duser/vg30duser.html

Your CME will support QSIG

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for the useful information. From what you are saying i think my setup (Cisco-to-Simens) should be as shown in the figure below:

Questions:

(1). Is this how it should be?

(2). Are there any special parameters that needs to be set in CME when linking with the VG30D OR the CME needs not to know about the VG30D?

(3.) Any special licensing required?

Questions:

(1). Is this how it should be?

Yes

(2). Are there any special parameters that needs to be set in CME when linking with the VG30D OR the CME needs not to know about the VG30D?

Nothing in particular. CME (or CUCM) just treats the VG30D as a standard Q.Sig interface.

(3.) Any special licensing required?

Not that I'm aware of.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

As far as I know and based from previuos deployment with cucm, your VG30D connects to your voice gateway using QSIG (i used mgcp as my gateway protocol). In a previous deployment, I configured my gateway as mgcp with qsig on cucm.  This gateway then connects to the qsig port on the VG30D. While the DPNSS port connects to the DPNSS network (in your case the siemens..

Here is a sample picture of the VG30D

The VG30D is a 2 port device. Each port may be configured for 75 0hm unbalanced or 120 Ohm balanced operation. 

Port 1 is to be configured for Q.SIG operation and Port 2 for DPNSS operation.

The DPNSS Port can be  configured for 120 ohm Balanced operation or 75 0hm unbalanced. The DPNSS port can also be configured as  “B” end with Channel Priority X. or A end with channel priority Y. You will nee to talk to the siemens guys to know what the setup is and then configure the VG30D accordingly.

If the Siemens DPNSS interface is Rj45 connectors then you will need an E1 Crossover cable to connect to it.  A straight through E1 Cable will be required to connect the VG30D to the Voice Gateway.

If the siemens inteface is 75 0hm unbalanced,you will need  RF Coaxial cable using BNC connectors to connect to it.

It is advisable that The Q.SIG Port (Port 1)  should be configured as the Q.SIG Network side. This port will provide Link Synchronisation to the Voice Gateway E1 Interface.  It is also advisabel that Clocking is derived from the 2nd port (DPNSS) of the VG30Ds

This hsould help you plan your deployment carefully.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts