Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing subscriber callmanager 7.0 failes

saeed-zamani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I faced strange problem today. I have CUCM 7.0 as a publisher. today I try to install subscriber with excact same version.

When  installation reaches integration step with publisher, I enter publisher  hostname, IP address and security password but validation failes.

I do following steps to fix a problem with no luck:

1- I reset security password in publisher using "pwrecovery" and "pwreset".

2- reboot publisher CUCM.

3- change hostname in publisher.

4- connect publisher and subscriber with cross cable.

I  add subscriber IP address In "server" tab in CUCM publisher. I think  everythink is ok. I install publisher ans subscriber many times but I  don't know why this time this problem happens.

Only  difference between this time and other intallations is that when I  installed publisher, I enable DNS. I read some post about DNS problem. I  also disable DNS on publisher but the problem doesnt fixed. I had both  servers host name in DNS.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

jfernandorosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recomend with you reinstall Publisher e Subscriber e not use de DNS,even removing the entry, you will find different problems and will be very difficult for him to accept the cluster. Do not use cross cable, use a layer 3 to simulate the network and default gateway.

Regards.

Joao

for SMTP, NTP and DNS I prefer to set them later after installation but while installation choose NO and conitnue with your installation don't make it hard