Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster trunk between CUCMs and billing server

DanielGoQ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have configured a CUCM to connect to other three CUCMs (they are our business partners) using ICTs so we can communicate without the need to go to the PSTN.

Everything works perfect but I'm running out of ideas about an issue we're having with our billing server.

Extensions overlap between sites, for example:

We have extension range from 2000 to 5000.

One of our partners have extension range from 3000 to 5000.

We decided to use a 3 digit prefix so we can identify where we are calling, so:

If I want to call my partner I will dial 411 - 5001.

If my partner wants to call me, he'll dial 410 - 5001.

On our route patterns we have activated the predot option so we discard the prefix digits once we go through the ICT and the communication finally establishes as expected.

The issue is:

When I go to the billing server, it seems CDR only registers I dialed 5001, without the 411 prefix and so, I can't identify where that 5001 extension belongs to (partner 1, partner 2 or partner 3).

I would need to have the 4105001 on the CDR but I can't do that because if I deactivate the predot on the RP, then, I won't be able to call the actual extension.

I think I may be complicating things but I'm running out of ideas... do you know if there is something I can do to register the whole number on the CDR?

Thanks a lot!

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried with translation patterns?

Drop the digits there and then use the CSS to route them to a route pattern with that ICT that only that TP can reach.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried with translation patterns?

Drop the digits there and then use the CSS to route them to a route pattern with that ICT that only that TP can reach.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java