Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnecting between two CUCM

edwincharles
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i am not sure the design is correct or not please help me on this.

If i have a CUCM 6.1 on two servers MCS7816H3-K9-CMB2 and two voice gateway and 400 phones are working it.

If i buy a new CUCM 9 and add new phones to it , will i be able to communicate with the phones which are connected on CUCM 6.1.

7 Replies 7

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Edwin,

you can do the same through Inter cluster Trunk.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible in LAN

Can you provide me with any design or datasheet regarding the Inter cluster Trunk

Hi Edwin,

you can refer the DOC

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/19200-intercluster.html

Any reason why u want to keep version 6 when u are purchasing CUCM 9?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

was considering, if upgrading from 6 to 9 for existing cucm we need to buy again the license for the existing phones right

and the no of phones supported by the existing server

Hi,

If u have a valid ESW contract and UCSS contract with 400 users, then, u can get place the order for CUCM 9 through PUT.You can share the existing licenses for conversion to ELM.

If u do not have the contract, them u need to place order for Migration.For Part Codes, u can involve your Pre-Sales.

You need to change the Hardware for CUCM 9.

Also, refer the compatibility matrix for upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi,

there is no esw contract for the existing device, if we have stil we need to upgrade the hardware and it will cost for license migration also

so was deciding if we can buy new hardware with new version and intercluster with the existing system as per design attached will will it work

will the same gateway will be able to communicate with both cucm 

Hi Edwin,

I have never seen a single Voice Gateway registering to two CUCM clusters of different/same version at same time.

I would still suggest work with Cisco so that you can work on CUCM 9 and take into account the commercials involved .

regds,

aman