Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent Audio issues with Jabber when integrated with Samwin

PascalSSI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

We're experiencing an issue with our Cisco Jabber soft client when it's used in conjunction with Samwin, an external application that handles call forwarding. When an external caller dials our main line, the call is forwarded to Samwin and then to our reception desk. The issue is that the receptionist sometimes can't hear the caller even though the packets, when checked using Ctrl+Shift+S in Jabber, are all arriving as they should. This leads me to believe it's not a network issue.

I'm suspecting the problem might be related to either the headset or the Windows operating system. Another possibility is that Microsoft Teams, running in the background, might be interfering with the audio, although I find this unlikely as it would be a common issue in many companies if that were the case.

It's worth noting that when we use Jabber without Samwin, everything works perfectly. This issue is affecting multiple employees; it works for some and not for others. Even our external service provider, who specializes in telephony and is a Cisco partner, couldn't resolve the issue.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any insights, your help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thank you in forward 

0 Replies 0