cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet not available sometimes in PC which connected to Pc port of cisco ip phone.

I have a cisco 8845 Video IP phone which is connected to the internet by a LAN cable connected to wall port. My computer is getting the internet by connecting the computer to the Pc port of the IP phone. But the problem is Sometimes computer showing "Lan is disconnected " then I need to restart my Pc for reconnecting the LAN. It happens around 4 or 5 times a day. There is only one wall port to connect to the internet, that's why I am using the IP phone's PC PORT to connect internet. Please give any solution.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

msvsafaf@gmail.com wrote:

But the problem is Sometimes computer showing "Lan is disconnected " then I need to restart my Pc for reconnecting the LAN

Means the link between the phone & the PC is out.  Try connecting the PC directly to the wall port and observe for a few days if this re-occurs.  

There is no problem when we connect the computer directly to the wall port. But there is only one wall port is available. The PC port (IP Phone) is working fine after restarting the PC, But after some time the connection will lose again. And I have noticed that the PC port of IP Phone is giving1gbps speed in the computer (Giga port), it will make any problem?

Can you replace the CP-8845?

Since you have tried what Leo suggested and there is no problem on the PC when there is a direct connection to the wall, then probably the is an issue on the 8845 PC port.

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I cannot replace the IP phone, because it is already configured for one Employee. 

One thing I need to inform is...When I connect the computer with the PC port of IP phone the computer's LAN port led blinking in red color, Then I checked my network properties, I can see the speed is " 1gbps", I have to know is there any problem if we connect a computer to a Giga port?

In respect to the phone on the Data sheet it is clearly stated that "An internal 2-port Cisco Ethernet switch allows for a direct connection to a 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network (IEEE 802.3i/802.3u/802.3ab) through an RJ-45 interface with single LAN connectivity for both the phone and a co-located PC" so this shouldn't be a problem,

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies