Views
Helpful
Replies

IP change on 3825

George Banuelos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We will need to change the IP on a 3825 serving as a voice router to a different subnet.  The only ethernet interface used now is  0/0... so the IP on this interface and the IP route will be changed to the addresses on the new subnet - no changes on the CUCM side.  Here are a couple of questions:

1)  if all we change is the IP on the currently used interface 0/0, then no changes will be needed on the MGCP binding - correct?

2)  after a copy run start, is it recommended to reload the router after this type of change?

Any and all helpful input is welcome - thank you!!

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

MGCP gateways register to CUCM using hostname/domain name, so as long as they don't change it will work.

You shouldn't need to reload, a no mgcp/mgcp should bring it up if it doesn't register.

Check the config for other types of registration you need to verify - e.g. any SCCP for conferencing etc etc.. they might also need restarting.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

MGCP gateways register to CUCM using hostname/domain name, so as long as they don't change it will work.

You shouldn't need to reload, a no mgcp/mgcp should bring it up if it doesn't register.

Check the config for other types of registration you need to verify - e.g. any SCCP for conferencing etc etc.. they might also need restarting.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thank you very much for the input and for mentioning the SCCP... there will not be a hostname change so I trust this will be a smooth change.

Thank you again sir!

George

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m