cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6.6 not working with latest HP EliteBook 840 G7

amtacisco
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased new laptops for our staff and I am finding that because the laptop uses one type of device for the input (Intel) and another for the output (Realtek) it's not going to work with IP Communicator without a headset.  I found this issue was affecting people years ago while they were on Windows 7...  Come on Cisco, you can do better than this.  Is there any word of a new version of IP Communicator that will work with this setup without a headset?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPC is already in the EOS / EOL phase and we're past the date for last SW maintenance

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/eol-notice-c51-740383.html

I suggest you look at Jabber. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, thanks for your response.  We use Jabber, but not for calls.  We have UCCX and our agents have 2 extensions...  Not sure I could use Jabber and Finesse especially without redoing the whole setup to eliminate 1 of our agent's extensions.

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

IP Communicator is EOL that is why I have moved my contact center users from CIPC to Jabber already several years ago

Jabber now supports multiple lines with CUCM 11.5 SU3 and jabber 12.0 and higher

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

configure the CIPC use the following IPC set before this need to configured to CUCM

CIPC.JPG