Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Preemption

hans.choi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I have a customer who has been use IP communicator as their phone device with CUCM 7.1(5). They complain that after we upgrade their CUCM to 8.6(2a), their IP communicator is stuck on Registering phase when they have another IP communicator running under same device name logged in in different machine. Before the upgrade they said it was preempted by later client but now it seems like in racing condition.

Is anyone have this experience and have a solution to preempt work as before?

Thanks,

Kwang Choi

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Did you try to add a new ip communicator, or delete one and it again

HTH

Anas

aabueideh wrote:

Hi,

Did you try to add a new ip communicator, or delete one and it again

I'm afraid you did not understood OPs question, did you ?

Sorry everyone if my OP make you guys confused. I asked the customer to try delete the device and add back and test again as aabueideh suggested. I will update the result soon.

The customer just want to get same behaviour as before for their end users who has two IP communicators installed in both desktop and laptop as they don't have a physical phone. Sometimes they brought laptop and connect to network in different building but forgot to logoff their IP communicator in desktop. That is the situation the customer have.

Kwang

I'm not even sure that was supposed to work the way it did, the device name is supposed to be unique and in use by only one device, if you want more people to have the same DN, just configure different devices, or EM, and have them share the line.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime Valencia wrote:

I'm not even sure that was supposed to work the way it did, the device name is supposed to be unique and in use by only one device, if you want more people to have the same DN, just configure different devices, or EM, and have them share the line.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

I absoloutely agree with that. IP Communicator not supposed to use same device name in different machine. However, customer used to use that way and complaining it is not work anymore, I need a release note or bug ID stated that there was a bug and fixed since version XX to make the customer understand if there is no workaround to run as was.

Thanks

Kwang