Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Way to Bypass Processor Check During Installation

IP Communicator is no longer a developed product within Cisco. I understand that. However, in the operations community it still is used as a valuable tool for testing services globally. I work in an international environment. We have several hundred locations globally, and we have an IP Communicator configured for each location. It makes it easy for any member of our support team to launch IP Communicator and get it to register in whichever location we desire. We can then test inbound/outbound dialing. 

I operator on a MacBook Pro. I have been using VMWare Fusion to run IP Communicator in the past. With the newest MacBook Pro, I am running the new Apple processor. With my new instance of VMWare on my Mac, I have tried to install IP Communicator and receive the following error message when the installation fails, "The minimum supported processor to run Cisco IP Communicator is a P3 Pentium-level or compatible processor. The setup will now abort." Of course my process is much more powerful than an ancient Pentium-class processor, but IP Communicator detects it and rejects it. Does anybody know of a way to trick IP Communicator to allow installation? I have tried all of the compatibility options in Windows when launching the installer.IP Communicator Installation Error.jpg

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not an answer to your question but potentially an alternate solution: UnifiedFX PhoneView (not an endorsement) added softphone capabilities in version seven that may be worth checking out.