cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Flex Upgrade and cell phones forwarded to desk phones not working

Laurel McDargh
Level 1
Level 1

We use Call Manager 10.x. We recently changed to IP Flex. Over 100 staff have their cell phones forwarded to their Cisco desk phone voicemail. Since this change to IP Flex, this feature has stopped working. Would someone have advice on how to address the problem?

this is what I sent to ATT:

On the cell phone, staff enter : *71-216-931-7384. This forwards their cell phone to their desk phone and then callers would leave messages on the cisco desk phone voicemail. This used to work. However, the caller now gets a message that says:

“Cisco unity connection messaging system. From a touchtone telephone you may dial an extension at any time. Otherwise please hold for an operator”.

When you call a desk phone from a cell phone, the call goes through to voicemail. So we know it’s not a cell phone issue.

If anyone has advice, I would be appreciative. 

2 Replies 2

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Laurel,

Can you advise what is the call flow when you forward the calls from cell phone.

Does call come in on GW or SIP trunk and then match CTI route point which transfer directly to the user's Voicemail.Are you using have any voicemail profile mask in the voicemail profile config ?

Calls come in on the SIP trunk. CTI route point is default. There is a Unity Connection VMail Profile.

The call flow is this:

Caller calls the cell phone. The cell phone is forwarded to the Desk Phone.

Desk Phone rings and used to go to Unity Voicemail. RTMT shows that the outside caller gets to the desk phone and then the calling repeats itself. The hear the Cisco message below.

Now instead the caller hears: 

“Cisco unity connection messaging system. From a touchtone telephone you may dial an extension at any time. Otherwise please hold for an operator”.

Today, we figured out a work-around on Unity, but over 150 people is a lot to do. It just seems like there's one thing missing and AT&T has not gotten back to me in over a week.