Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 6901 Setup by private Customer

Hello everyone. I, as a private final user, bought 3 new 6901 IP Phones off ebay, thinking I would be able to set them up by myself and use the as IP doorbell receivers. Once I got them, I tried to configure them (hoping for an IP based local webpage) and discovered that I needed Cisco software to do that (don't I?). Since I am a private user, I don't have any partnership with Cisco, which means I'm not allowed to download the software and proceed. What am I supposed to do then? Should I resell the phones? Is there any way a private can access the configuration page for his terminals by himself??

Thank you very much,

Alex Tischer

4 Replies 4

3pcc software is available only  with 78xx and 88xx series.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Search the community for threads on how to configure phones with 3rd party PBX and you'll get all you need, the phones that have a config GUI are 3PCC models which is not an option for the model you got, so avoid threads that discuss 3PCC phones as that's not applicable to you. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your rapid answer. Fact is that I don't have a PBX, since I don't have a telephone line. I wanted to use the terminals just to communicate to a 2N doorbell (doorbell ring, audio, door open signal)

Phones are dumb endpoints, they need a PBX / call control agent for the dial plan and to place calls. 3PCC can be configured to place a direct call using the IP, but not the ones you got, for those you need a PBX. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: