cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7911 Missing Codec's

joshclarkson1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble sending and receiving calls from a 7911 phone. I compared the settings and status with a working 7911 on my network and noticed that the phone for whatever reason is missing all of it's Call Statistics configuration. This information is found from the phone's display under Settings > Status > Call Statistics. The phone I compared with has a send and receive codec of G.711u. The phone that is broken lists "none" for each codec and every other setting within Call Statistics has a value of 0.

I have done a factory reset of the phone and with that it has gone through the "Updating" that goes along with a factory reset. Still no improvements to the codecs have been made by this.

Some phone info:

Model Number - CP-7911G

Load File - SCCP 11.9-2-15

Let me know if you need any additional information.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Are you sure the phone is upgrating?

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

It cycles through what looks to be updating when I do a factory reset. It completes successfully so I can only assume that yes it is updating, but obviously not the codecs.

Hi Josh,

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 9.2(1) or greater, you first need to  upgrade your firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) - 8.5(2)) then upgrade to 9.2(1)

Release notes of 9.2(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/9_2_1/english/release/notes/7900_921.html

regds,

aman