cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 8811 - Registration Issues

sdonnelly_tgg
Level 1
Level 1

I am running into an issue where our first Cisco 8811 to be added to CUCM is not registering properly. I have transferred the phone load via TFTP to CUCM along with the device pack (Pub and Sub). Both servers have also been restarted after-hours. The phone will receive an IP but I see the following in CUCM, I have 1 DN assigned to the device.

IPv4 Address: None
Active Load ID: sip88xx.11-0-1-11
Download Status: Upgrading
Requested Load ID: sip8831.10-3-1-16

On the phone it will occasionally blip a message of  "telephone service is unavailable". I checked RTMT and it tells me it's upgrading, but the phone has been like this for well over an hour. Can it really be doing anything at this point?

Any advice on where to look next, or what to change?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the device (or the box), does it have a sticker saying that it's HW revision X and that it cannot use below phone FW x.y???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the CUCM version?

Also can you attach phone config screenshot with phone load id box included .

Thanks

sdonnelly_tgg
Level 1
Level 1
System version: 10.5.1.10000-7 is the version, so it's definitely behind.
Screenshot is attached, is that what you wanted to review?
Jaime, I do not see anything on the box or the phone itself. I opened up a new box to make sure I was not overlooking it, but found nothing.

I believe CUCM 10.5.2 is the support version for this phone.

I can see another thread and you can read the data sheet as well.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12578866/device-pack-question-cucm-1051-and-8811-model-phone

That's disappointing, I spoke with TAC on the weekend and they sent me to a link for the device pack and said it would work. Looks like I need to plan an upgrade now...

Can you check with them again and provide them full version details.

They might confirm on what we have found is actaully applicable here.This might help others to know if this is still applicable.

Thanks

Deepak Mehta

"Please rate helpful posts"

CSCO12111341
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you definitely have to upgrade it to 10.5.2 or 11. I have same problem now with my 10.5.1 so next weekend I need to upgrade this server as well. Unfortunately we have 4 other clusters on same version so i need to do it for all of them in near future.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-8800-series/datasheet-c78-731637.html

So I have definitely made some progress. I factory reset the 8811, deleted the device from CUCM, and then recreated the device.

The phone is now registered and working without issue. I am still going to plan on planning out an update for CUCM.

Thanks to everyone for their time.