Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone dropping registrations

tpengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I had a Cisco 7975 IP Phone registered in CUCM, I edited the device pool name and region name associated with that IP phone today and since then the IP phone registration is dropping intermittently.

I tried to give it a re-start few times but no joy, any idea what could be the issue and how it can be resolved. I got the message while editing the region name that devices associated with it would need a immediate re-start and I did that but I would say it wasn't very immediate so not sure if that is something causing this issue now....

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

5 Replies 5

Hi tp tech,

That look like a network or a firmware problem. Have you look for packet loss on the switch interface?

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

The IP phone is stuck in rebotting or restarting mode.....do you think it's a network problem ? It was fine before , this problem came only after I edted the region name associated with that IP phone I believe.

Have you try a hard reset?

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.
Favor calificar todos las respuestas útiles dando click en las estrellas de mas abajo.

This Ip phone is connected with a CTS Telepresence device codec and FE plug out and plug in back the network cable on the IP phone but still it's showing the same error message, I will follow up with him tomorrow to captire sniffer trace to see i if it helps...

Thank You

Have you tried resetting the CTS CODEC it's plugged into and verified the CODEC has network access?