cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone line text label display length for 6945 phones

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

I am loooking for the maximum number of letters/characters appears on the phine display

If we exceed characters in length, then phone will not display those exceeded characters of the display name (Line text Lable)

I would like to know the maximum length of the Line Text Lable will appear on the Phone LCD display for the phone series 9971, 9951 and 6945 series of phones

CUCM version 8..6

Rgds

Rajesh

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rajesh,

CUCM database for line text label allows for up to 30 characters for all phone models, however depending on the phone type not all characters may fit.  For models that will not fit all 30 characters you will see ... at the end of the display. I am pretty sure the 99XX phones will display all 30 character, I am not sure about the 69XX models.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

One of my customers too had this query. They want to display the entire name on the IP Phone (all models of Cisco IP Phones) for any incoming call.

I understand there is an limitation on the number of characters that can be displayed.

One suggestion, instead of ending the display with ..., it would be better if the entire name is shown in a scrolling pattern. Just a thought.

With Kind Regards,

Fahim Sha

You can reach out to your SE/AM in order to submit a PER so it's considered for a future release.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate