cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone reboot

jc12
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any logs from the phone I can get to see why a phone has rebooted?  I have a rep that stated the phone rebooted randomly.  Just wondering if I could give some details as to why but I'm not sure where to look.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you see on the un-register message:

Feb 08 16:02:36 ucmsub-omf-6-2 local7 3 : 22848: ucmsub-omf-6-2.exelonds.com Feb 08 2018 21:02:36 UTC :   %UC_CALLMANAGER-3-EndPointUnregistered: %[DeviceName=SEP7C95F322CA12][IPAddress=10.72.201.140][Protocol=SIP][DeviceType=404][Description=Carolyn Crocker][Reason=6][IPAddrAttributes=0][LastSignalReceived=SIPConnControlInd][CallState=4101505310-call_hold;4101505310-disconnect_request11][AppID=Cisco CallManager][ClusterID=CUCM-Cluster-6][NodeID=ucmsub-omf-6-2]: An endpoint has unregistered

Reason=6, according to this: System Error Messages for CUCM

ConnectivityError - The network connection between the device and Unified CM dropped before the device was fully registered. Possible causes include device power outage, network power outage, network configuration error, network delay, packet drops and packet corruption. It is also possible to get this error if the Unified CM node is experiencing high CPU usage. Verify that the device is powered up and operating, verify that there is network connectivity between the device and Unified CM, and verify the CPU utilization is in the safe range (you can monitor this via the CPU Pegging Alert in RTMT).

So, it is possible that it is something temporary, possible due to the WAN. Is suggest you keep monitoring it, in case you have packet-loss/jitter over the WAN and need to implement some QoS mechanism.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Where is the phone registered to? CUCM or CME?

Georgios

CUCM - model 7962

There is a number of places you can look into. It would start in this sequence:

a) Switch-port to see any flaps on the specific port (if it is PoE that would mean that the phone rebooted)

b) Phone GUI Status Messages/Console Logs

c) RTMT Event Viewer System/Application Logs, by searching with phone MAC address.

Of-course, in any case it is helpful to know the time-range where the phone unregistered/rebooted.

Georgios

I attached a screen shot of the status messages.

I attached the console logs from the same day.  I see in lines 7898-7901 there may be something related to power.  Or is that just stating that the phone lost power?  

I didn't see anything on the switch that would tell me it was PoE related so possible a layer one issue?  I advised the rep in question to make sure all network connections are secure just to cross that off.

Will the RTMT logs pull more data?

Those depict the exact time where the phone unregistered. Is your phone power by PoE? What does your switch logs say at the specific time? RTMT logs may give you more info about the un-registration cause.

Is the phone registered through WAN? Is this the only user that reported a problem?

Georgios

Yes, powered by PoE.

I don't see any related switch logs at this time.

The phone is registered over the WAN and this was just reported by one user.

I attached the related logs for the phone in question.  Could the phone have tried to renew an ip address?

If you see on the un-register message:

Feb 08 16:02:36 ucmsub-omf-6-2 local7 3 : 22848: ucmsub-omf-6-2.exelonds.com Feb 08 2018 21:02:36 UTC :   %UC_CALLMANAGER-3-EndPointUnregistered: %[DeviceName=SEP7C95F322CA12][IPAddress=10.72.201.140][Protocol=SIP][DeviceType=404][Description=Carolyn Crocker][Reason=6][IPAddrAttributes=0][LastSignalReceived=SIPConnControlInd][CallState=4101505310-call_hold;4101505310-disconnect_request11][AppID=Cisco CallManager][ClusterID=CUCM-Cluster-6][NodeID=ucmsub-omf-6-2]: An endpoint has unregistered

Reason=6, according to this: System Error Messages for CUCM

ConnectivityError - The network connection between the device and Unified CM dropped before the device was fully registered. Possible causes include device power outage, network power outage, network configuration error, network delay, packet drops and packet corruption. It is also possible to get this error if the Unified CM node is experiencing high CPU usage. Verify that the device is powered up and operating, verify that there is network connectivity between the device and Unified CM, and verify the CPU utilization is in the safe range (you can monitor this via the CPU Pegging Alert in RTMT).

So, it is possible that it is something temporary, possible due to the WAN. Is suggest you keep monitoring it, in case you have packet-loss/jitter over the WAN and need to implement some QoS mechanism.

Georgios