cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone repair process in Hong Kong

wangqiulei
Level 1
Level 1

There are many broken ip phone in IBM Hong Kong office. Most are CP-7941. I wonder the repair process. Because we can not ship the phone sets from Hong Kong to China, they must repair in local. If Cisco can help fix them or any vendor can offer the service?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the phones have SMARTnet contract coverage Cisco would provide RMA and replacements of them (assuming it's not user damage). Without a maintenance contract there are no Cisco-sanctioned repair options. FYI- There are only two internal parts: the main PCB and the hookswitch. Cisco does not have part numbers available for either so a broken part essentially means a broken phone.

There is not any artificial damage on the phone sets.  How can I can the SMART net service? I do not think I can buy service from cisco directly. So can you advise how can I have the vendor list for repair phones in HK? In China, we signed a contract with vendor and then call case to cisco directly. But in HK, we do not find any vendor, can you tell me how do get cisco parnter in HK?

Thanks.