Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone VPN Profile

mo.ragheb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am curious if anyone has used the VPN profile feature in UCM 8.0.  There isn't much documentation surrounding this feature.  I am trying to understand if this will allow an IP Phone to have a built-in VPN client that allows it to connect to the UCM cluster via internet if the phone was placed in a home.  Also why it is limited to a certain set of phone models.  I would've expected the 6XXX, 8XXX and 9XXX.  Thanks

Mohamed

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you haven't already seen it, here is the best summary documentation: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9124

This feature is limited to phones that have sufficient hardware resources to perform SSL encryption. Namely the 79x2, 79x5, 8900, and 9900 last I heard. I have not seen a final set of officially supported phone models though.

Have you had any luck with this? I have everything setup (I think) and yet when I go to connect my 7965G it says "VPN Authentication Failed" - I initially suspected a certificate issue though I do not see anything on the ASA for even an attempt to connect.

Thoughts?