cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones in two CME

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

I have found one problem with the IP Phone registration which infact was registered in two CME at the same time.

What could be the possible reason? and Is it possible that phones can be registered in two CME?

Regards, Nishant Savalia
3 Replies 3

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nishant,

That's highly unlikely. What makes you believe that the phone is registered to 2 CMEs at the same time? Can you please share some outputs you looked at for coming to this conclusion?

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Hi Harmit,

I agree but this thing i came to know while i was applying DN to phone and DN was any how not getting updated.

I found that the phone MAC address is registered in two CME under " #show ephones"

Unfortunately I don't have output for that to share but the topology is such that I have two routers connected to each other via single switch.

Regards,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant,

Sounds like a stale entry in one of the CMEs. Was the phone registered to one CME and then you switched the TFTP server on the phone to the second CME? I've seen many time where the phone is registered without a DN + it's not configured as an ephone + I can see the ephone in "show ephone", which is why I suspect the entry was cached in the router's memory. A reboot of the CME would clear it. Depending on the IOS versions you are running on these CMEs, it could be a defect as well and upgrading the IOS to one of the newer releases could also help sort this out.

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.