cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones - Service Directory (Very Slow)

Hi Cisco Family,

I am running CUCM 8.6.2 and thousands of IP Phones at one of my customer.

Since yesterday, I am running into a situation whereby most of the IP Phones models such as the 7911, 7912, 7941, 7942, 7961, 7962, etc are having a slow response when you perform a directory lookup.

On all those models of IP Phones, when you press the Directories button, then browse to Corporate Directory, It takes like 5 seconds until the IP Phone display the search critea. The same happens when you hit the find softkey as well. It take more than 5 seconds until you get your result/output shown.

I have restarted the Cisco Tomcat Service on botn the Publisher and Subscriber, still no luck at all.

I am not sure where this delay could have come from, all used to work fine until yesterday.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: But I have one Cisco IP Phone 7960 that is using HTTP for Services URL, I am not having any issues at all with that model of IP Phones. Its response time is very high. But the other ones that are using HTTPS as Service URL, are having the same issue.

Warm regards,

J. Kabundi.

6 Replies 6

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Try restarting the AXL and SOAP services. Worse case restart the publisher.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

giftonabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Restart the "Cisco Trust Verification Service", if this resolves the problem, could be an issue with the HTTPS Certificate.

You can check this in phone console logs. follow the below procedure to collect the logs

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14178

Let me know, if this helps.

rgds,

Gifton Abel.

a.foerster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Johnny,

We experience the same or at least a similar issue. Did you find a solution for this? Did the service restarts help?

Thank you,

Andreas

Hi Guys,

I would like to let you know that I have managed to resolve this issue by doing the following:

1. From the CUCM OS CLI, I have restarted the Cisco Tomcat Web Service

2. From the CUCM Serviceability, I have also restarted the Cisco Trust Verification Service.

I did that on both the CUCM Publisher and Subscriber.

Warm regards,

J. Kabundi.

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm that I resolved a similar issue restarting Tomcat web service as mentionned by Johnny.

Thank you, Johnny. On our side the problem was finally a DNS issue. The time gap came from the timeout for the primary DNS until the phone uses the secondary DNS server.