Helpful
Replies

IP telephony

inaeemcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am facing following issue:

Cisco 7942-G IP phone is not registering on 2951 router, "max-ephone rejected" is displayed on the phone screen.

Solution applied by me:

I removed the telephony service and again enabled it by increasing the number of ephone and dn to 50 each respectively, which was 20 previously, it then solved the problem and phone was registered but when the Router is booted next time same problem showed up. Also I was receiving another error in router console which is uploaded in picture.Kindly I need suggestions as soon as possible.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you accepted EULA for the CME licenses using the below procedure and the same is showing up in show version ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/111386/understanding-cme-srst-license-activation

Thanks,

Rajan

well thanks Rajan, I have checked and my licenses are permanent I think some thing else is causing issue.

As I have checked my Router clock and it shows me like 8:25:20 12 Jan 2036,

I have changed clock, saved configuration and booted Router then "clock reverts back to 8:25:20 12 Jan 2036.

Kindly suggest

Regards,

Imran

Hi Imran,

Have you configured the router to get time from any NTP server ? If yes, then pls check whether date/time on NTP server is correct. If the issue persists, share the time configuration and "sh clock" output,.

Thanks

Rajan

No i have not but many thanks, issue solved

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please share output of this command from CME

show license detail cme-srst

remove the max-ephone and dn and add it back afterward run the following the command . make sure you write the config

config t
license boot module C2900 technology-package uc
license accept end user agreement
end
wr
reload

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

File uploaded the one you demanded, kindly check and reply

Since your clock issue is solved did you ran those command afte that. Do you see the same error? after writing and reloading the router.

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

which error you are taking off, CME-SRST or the one related to clock

CME SRST

I have attached a picture which depicts CME-SRST error, kindly check