cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is a fractional T1-CAS with MGCP supported in call manager?

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a customer that has a fractional t1, not a pri and we are moving it over to a 2821 router. We want to use MGCP

I have a tac case open, the engineer first said it wasn't supported but then realized i was refering to a t-1 cas. He then said it was supported and gave me a link (to version 3) we are on version 6.1.2

I configured it on the call manager. After i configure the ports however a link to ADD a DN shows up next to each port. Am i experiencing a bug? or do i need to assign a DN to each T1-CAS port?

that doesn't seem right.

any help would be great

thanks!

4 Replies 4

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ken,

Fractional T1-CAS is supported in CUCM 6.1, and no, you shouldn't have to add a DN to each port so something is askew.

Try this link rather than the version 3 one

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html#wp1311387

regards,

Paul

thanks for the link Paul.

I thought something weird was going on when i saw an Add-DN link.

I'm going to give it another shot in the morning

I think i might be running into a bug.

When i add the t1-cas and the ports it has a link to ADD-DN next to each port.

They are running cm 6.1.2.1000-13

however if i add the same gateway on another call manager (at another customer site) running 6.1.3.3000-1 it does not have the ADD-DN link next to the ports.

think its a bug?

Hi Ken,

it certainly sounds like it though I can't see any Bug IDs like it reported in the Bug Toolkit.

You could log a TAC case about it, but it looks like you've already discovered the solution to the problem, and that updating to at least 6.1.3.3000-1 is likely to resolve the issue.

regards,

Paul