cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Cisco Presence software free?

cheng.cathy
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco software download page only has upgrade(from 8.0) IOS to download. If it's a fresh 8.6 install,  where to download the software?

Do I need to have a valid UCSS/ESW contract to be able to download the presence 8.6 software?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Cathy,

As far as I know, you need to order the Software for CUPS 8.6 along with user and server license. for any minor upgrade further , u need to have ESW contract but for major upgrade , u need to have UCSS contract.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cathy,

Are u doing upgrade of Presence from 8.0 to 8.6 ? If yes, u need to have bootable of 8.0.

If yes, u do not need to have UCSS contract but do  have ESW contract for any support related issues [for contacting Cisco TAC] while doing upgradation if u face any problem.

Please refer the link for downloading patch of 8.6

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283931705&flowid=28621&softwareid=282074312&release=8.6(5)-Utils&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

regds,

aman

Thanks aman, its not a upgrade. Its a fresh 8.6 install.

Do I need to order the software or just simply download it from cisco website?

I have impression that the software is free

Hi Cathy,

As far as I know, you need to order the Software for CUPS 8.6 along with user and server license. for any minor upgrade further , u need to have ESW contract but for major upgrade , u need to have UCSS contract.

regds,

aman