cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a conversion table for DLUs to CUCM 9.x licenses?

bndooley
Level 7
Level 7

During the upgrade process from pre-9.0 releases to CUCM 9.0 and later, ELM is installed and lets you convert your licensing from the DLU model to the UCL/CUWL licensing model.  This worked fine for the upgrades that I have already done, but now I am trying to plan how to allocate unused DLUs to the other license classes for the dozen or so additional clusters that I need to migrate.  ELM does NOT appear to have an offline mode where you can enter a number DLUs and then come up with an acceptable allocation of UCL/CUWL/TP rooms beforehand.

Is there a formula somewhere that I can use to do this planning in advance of the actual upgrades?

17 Replies 17

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unofrtunately, that function has been removed from LCU in the current version and all previous versions have been removed from Cisco.com

Hi ,

I agree with you[+5]. You need to run LCU 9.1.2  online for generating csv file and  send to licensing Team.

You do not get option of Conversion worksheet and RUN Compliance Check.

You can also refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/uct/9_1_2/CUCM_BK_U0AE00F5_00_uct-admin-guide.pdf

regds,

aman

Anton Senchenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have the same problem.

And when I sent ELM request to license team after upgrade to 9.1, they are doesn't convert unused DLUs to Enhanced and Basic.

Now I'am trying to make sure that they have written and convert unused DLUs, but so far without success.

Hi,

this should not be the case.

You should receive mail from Cisco licensing team /Product Manager asking for the confirmation on conversion of Unsed DLUs to Enhanced/Basic.

regds,

aman

Hi, Aman.

No, they don't ask me how I want.

And else one. They generate license from PLU 9.1.2 report only. But after made this report, customer added some devices and report after upgrade from ELM was different.

And now they don't want generate additional license file. It is very frustrating.

HI,

that should not be the problem.

You can generate new LCU report and share with licensing team. They can accordingly generate license file.

Also, whenever u add new phones in call manager 9, u need to follow the same process and have  another lic file.

regds,

aman

So, what about unused DLU?

Are you sure the LCU report shared contains unused DLUs? If that is there, then, u can ask licensing team to revert on conversion of unused DLUS.

regds,

aman

This was not consistent with my experience.  The license team used the LCU report, without the allocation of the unused DLUs, in spite of my request being very clear about that NOT being what I needed.  It took almost a month to resolve with multiple escalations in the process.

This was NOT consistent with my experience

I did NOT mark this as a correct answer, nor was it consistent with my experienced.

bndooley
Level 7
Level 7

I just went through a particularly painful exercise with the Cisco licensing group migrating a CUCM 8.6 system to 9.1.  They required the following:

1) License request from ELM

2) Cisco SO# for upgrade order

3) Output of the LCU utility

4) ESW/UCSS contract number

In spite of carefully spelling out exactly what I needed was in the ELM license request, they issued a license which covered, all the licenses contained in the LCU report.  Unfortunately, the LCU report covered a dozen or so different clusters, which are isolated from each other and could not share an ELM.  After almost a month of working with the licensing group, I finally got it straightened out.  In the process, I grabbed this information from the ELM 9.1 migration license calculator:

License Type                  DLUs Required

CUWL Professional          12

CUWL Standard               11

Enhanced Plus                 9

Enhanced                         6

Basic                                4

Essential                          0

Telepresence Room        11

thanks for sharing the info.

this is the process which we need to follow.But I did not understand about LCU report  in which u are referring to dozen clusters or different clusters .

When u run LCU report, u enter the credentials of single cluster.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: