Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN2 BRI - Australia Telstra Cisco 2911 + HWIC-4B-S/T

baduniswapan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is my first install using ISDN BRI. PRI is fine. BRI have not done one before.

Hardware Cisco 2911 UC Bundle (2911CMESRSTK9) + HWIC-4B-S/T

Connectivity at site ISDN2 * 4  (BRI) is used to provide voice services.

At  one of our sites, we are still using BRI!!!! The site is  transitioning  to IP TEL and currently has 4 x ISDN2 services that are  being used for  voice.  ISDN 10 PRI is not an option on account of various reasons. One  of which is that the business might be going to SIP in the near future.  The router is going to connect to Call Manager 7.1.x.

What i want to do is to use the 4 lines for incoming & outgoing PSTN and offnet calls / non TEHO.

Can anyone provide any hints in regards to how i go about setting this up.  Any sample configurations will be a great help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Swapan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HWIC-4B-S/T  does NOT support voice. You must use VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE for voice together with the appropriate PVDM3 sizing.

Also you need an experience engineer or UC certified Cisco partner, as trying to do yourself is likely to cause major aggravation for you and the end user.

Note, not withstastanding whatever "various reasons", ISDN PRI is the best choice option for voice, by a factor of 10.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HWIC-4B-S/T  does NOT support voice. You must use VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE for voice together with the appropriate PVDM3 sizing.

Also you need an experience engineer or UC certified Cisco partner, as trying to do yourself is likely to cause major aggravation for you and the end user.

Note, not withstastanding whatever "various reasons", ISDN PRI is the best choice option for voice, by a factor of 10.

Thanks Paolo.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!