cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISM service module keeps changing state from WREG to STDY

tommy.estes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem at one of our sites where they aren't able to receive incoming calls. When I do a sh log on the router, I keep seeing the ISM module going from STDY to WREG. What is WREG and could this be my problem?

Oct  3 11:18:16: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG

Oct  3 11:18:16: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY

Oct  3 11:19:02: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG

Oct  3 11:19:02: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY

Oct  3 11:19:47: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG

Oct  3 11:19:47: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY

Oct  3 11:20:32: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG

Oct  3 11:20:32: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY

Oct  3 11:21:17: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG

Oct  3 11:21:17: %SRE_SM-6-STATE_CHANGE: ISM0/0 changing state from SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_WREG to SERVICE_MODULE_STATE_STDY

6 Replies 6

chmerkel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of IOS are you running on the router?  I just came across the same log messages on 15.2(1)T1.  I do not see the messages on 15.1(3)T2.

We have the same exact issue now at one of our RS 2921 router, no errors when it was on ios version 15.1 but for CME to support 6945 models we upgraded to version 15.2, now 6945 works but we get the same exact error. Did you open a case with tac ? What was the resolution ?

Console into CUE and observe what's happening.

Didn't see anything on the console but reloading the module fixed it. No more errors now.

I've noticed the same message. Looking at the CUE it looks perfectly normal.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I've seen it too. Reloading fixes the issue.