Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue CUBE HA ISR 4331

stobar1101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I have configured the two CUBE boxes with redundancy group to preserve the active calls, both incoming and outgoing. The configuration works with a very minimum delay in the commutation of the Active to the passive box.

The drawback that arises is that the box that switches from Active to Passive is reset every time this happens. I have varied all the parameters and I continue with the inconvenience.

This is the following message that appears before the router restarts: *Apr 19 19:46:45: %RF-5-RF_RELOAD: Self reload. Reason: Reload due to DEL/SHUT on voice-b2bha RG/INTF

Unknown.jpg

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is working as designed. The router has to reload to renegotiate HA .

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, is there another way to do redundacy?
I have an E1 pri and therefore I can not allow my ISR to restart.

Regards,

What you have configured is the standard and recommended box to box redundancy. You should consider adding a similar E1 on the other gateway and then do E1 bundling on your provider side, so you can send and receive calls when one gateway is down

Please rate all useful posts

A couple of things to add to Deji - Whenever you reboot a router in a HA pair, it will always boot up as a STANDBY box. Also, HA is specific to CUBE. Having TDM co-located is not supported.
You can review the restrictions in the CUBE guide or look at the following doc from CUBE TME -
https://cisco.app.box.com/v/cube/file/28807515776

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: