Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue on translation from Internal to Internal Extentions

Mik94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with internal calls between two different CUCM Clusters connected via SIP trunk.

In detail:

I have one cluster (version 9.2) connected to another cluster (version 11.5), when I try to do internal calls from IP phones on 9.2 to IP phones on 11.5; users that  receive a call see the pubblic number instead of the ext. 

Scenario:

Phone A (ext. 706XXX - Version 9.2) call internally Phone B (ext. 700XXX - version 11.5).

Phone B see on display public number (011XXXXXXX) instead of the ext associated with name (example 700XXX  Mark).  Viceversa the internal number is displayed correctly (from phone B to Phone A).

I checked the settings of SIP trunk and they should be correct. 

The strange thing is the call pass correctly on SIP trunk (internally) and not on the voice gateway,  but when it arrives on the IP-phone I display the public number.

Has anyone ever encountered this kind of issue? Any Idea for solving it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mik94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I found the problem! I had a normalization script configured on the SIP trunk that transformed the internal number with full number.

DNA is not able to detect it

solution.PNG

Thanks to everyone for your helping

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi, 

Could you please check the route pattern in the source call manager and ensure that no transformation mask/digit manipulation is applied. You can also run a dial number analyser and see the call flow to verify no transformation has been applied. 

HTTP://<CUCM-address>/dna 

Regards, 

Hi Shalid,

Thank you for your answer.

I checked all route patterns that using this SIP trunk and there is no transfomation configured. I also configured a specific route pattern to a specific extension (without any transformation) and the result doesn't change.

I did DNA (Analysis--> analyzer and Analysis--> SIP trunk) and in both case I didn't see any transformation with public number.

This is very strange! Attached DNA capture

Thanks 

Can you also run the DNA from the trunk on CUCM 11.X cluster. There could be a transaltions inbound direction.  

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your attention. I did DNA (analyzer and Trunk)  from both cluster side.

There is no transformation. Attached the DNA capture.

I also configured Specific RP on 9.2 side but doesn't work (attached):

RP.PNG

DNA from PhoneA(9.2) to B(11.5):

DNA_from_PhoneA(9.2)_to_B(11.5).PNG

DNA_from_PhoneA(9.2)_to_B(11.5)_part2.PNG

DNA from PhoneB(11.5) to A(9.2): 

DNA_from_PhoneB(11.5)_to_A(9.2).PNG

DNA_SIP trunk from 9.2 to 11.5:

DNA_SIP_trunk_from9.2_to_11.5_part1.PNG

DNA_SIP_trunk_from9.2_to_11.5_part2.PNG

DNA SIP trunk from11.5 to 9.2:

DNA_SIP_trunk_from11.5_to_9.2.PNG

Regards

  

What I need is, run the DNA from the SIP trunk on CUCM11.x and the called Number should be Phone B. and not Phone A.

TO make sure that when call reach CUCM 11.X sip trunk no inward translation are getting applied. 

Response Signature

Sorry Nithin, I Mistyped in the first message. I switched the extension

What I meant was: 

Phone A (ext. 700XXX - Version 9.2) call internally Phone B (ext. 706XXX - version 11.5).

Phone B see on display public number (011XXXXXXX) instead of the ext associated with name (example 706XXX Mark). Viceversa the internal number is displayed correctly (from phone B to Phone A).

Now I did this Capture from sip trunk on 11.5:

Calling party: 700XXX

dialed Digits: 706XXX

But I didn't see any transformation. Attached!

Thanks In advance 

Thanks

Most probably the RP pointing to the cluster B has use external phone number mask checked. If enabled, disable it and try calling.. 

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 4.46.51 PM.png

Also check if there is any mask applied on the RP.

If not working run the DNA and see the call flow. 

Response Signature

Mik94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I found the problem! I had a normalization script configured on the SIP trunk that transformed the internal number with full number.

DNA is not able to detect it

solution.PNG

Thanks to everyone for your helping

super. glad that you are able to identify and fix the issue. thanks for sharing the solution here. :)P 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: