Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Call forward using translation pattern

Joyboy2023
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am working on integration of ITSP to my CUBE and my calling us working as expected but i have one issue with calls forwarded back to ITSP using translation Pattern. As checked in SIP logs i found that Diversion header is not coming when call is coming from CUCM to CUBE & hence ITSP is not recognising both numbers as these don't belong to their range 

Call come to CUCM with example number +3912345 and using translation pattern forwarded back to ITSP with number +3054321

Issue Call Flow

ITSP  --> CUBE--> CUCM--> Translation Pattern --> CUBE --> ITSP

I was trying to copy "TO" field and add Diversion Header with same "TO" number  in incoming dial-peer from ITSP so it remains  throughout communication but its not adding any Diversion in incoming call from ITSP. Can you suggest how i can achieve it or an example 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is your intent to use the SIP profile on the inbound call leg from your ITSP? If so you’ll need to apply the SIP profile with the inbound option and you’ll need to enable use of inbound SIP profile globally in your SBC. There are many post on this topic, so with a little searching you should be able to find what is needed. In general this document is my go to resource for anything related to call routing and handling of related things in IOS. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing - Cisco 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Using a translation pattern is not a call forward, it’s a translation and that doesn’t add any division header to the call. For that to happen you’ll need to have the call hit a directory number that has Call Forward All setup.

On your part about copying information from the To field can you please post the configuration you have for this and also your running configuration from your SBC so that we can check your setup. Please post the whole configuration minus any sensitive information, as an attached text file.

Response Signature

Attached is the config i am testing

Is your intent to use the SIP profile on the inbound call leg from your ITSP? If so you’ll need to apply the SIP profile with the inbound option and you’ll need to enable use of inbound SIP profile globally in your SBC. There are many post on this topic, so with a little searching you should be able to find what is needed. In general this document is my go to resource for anything related to call routing and handling of related things in IOS. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing - Cisco 

Response Signature