cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Dialing Outbound

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Just moved a site from CUCM 6.1 to 11.5 and ever since I have a user (who happens to do the bulk of the outbound calling) who has been having issues.  They have  a 7941, CUCM 11.5 SU2 w/ a single H.323 gateway.  They have a few route patterns, but I think the 2 I'm running into are these: 9.1222XXXXXXX and 9.[2-9]XXXXXX.  The 2nd pattern prepends 9222 to the called number to allow users to dial 7 digits for local calls.  What the user is reporting is they dial 912221234567 but instead the system dials 912222221234.  Pulling the traces from CUCM i see the 912222221234 as the dialed number.  Digit analysis shows the call should be routed correctly using the 9.1222 pattern and if I ask the user to keep the phone on the hook, enter the number, and then hit dial the call goes through.  I thought maybe it was interdigit timeout but they insist they aren't taking any pause as they dial.  

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use DNA and look at the route plan report to see what they're matching.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

DNA shows the call matching the correct patter (9.1222XXXXXXX) and when I had the user stay on-hook and dial and then pick up the handset, which is why i was thinking it was an issue with the digits timing out and CUCM taking the first 7 digits.  The user insists that they aren't pausing while calling.  I have a CiPC registered there but am unable to replicate the issue.