Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber/88XX Application Dial Rules

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some dial plan issues with Application dial rules for Jabber, abd for 88XX phones which I believe use the Application dial rules (not SIP Dial Rules).

1. If you have a cluster that spans mutliple countries, how can you specify some dialling rules for some set of users, and some for others? There is no concept of Partitions for these types of rules.

2. We are implementing, as a lot of people are doing, full E164 numbering plan. This is great for some countries e.g. UK that has a specific dial plan with number of digits etc, but for some European countries e.g. Germany, they have a variable length plan. With Application dialin rules you have to specify a "Number of digits". Is there anyway to set a range, or use * or !? We want to remove the "+" from the digit string presented on Jabber, but I need to set a number of digits.

I can't believe people have not come across this before but there seems to be no scope for it in the documentation. Seems as though one rule for all which has no scalability.

Any ideas welcome.

Oli

0 Replies 0