cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Low Call rate calls

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

I was asked by some request ...where users given me some PSTN outside our environment . numbers say X , Y , Z from these 3 numbers call to A which is also some PSTN number out of our environment is on low call rate .....

So when we call from our IP Phone to PSTN numbers X , Y & Z call must connect with the A ...which will be on lower rates

Is this possible ...We are using CUCM cluster .

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vijay,

This requirement of yours is not possible to be configured on cucm. The call processing and routing on cucm is done on the basis of dial plan that is configured and it does not have the concept of any call rate based dialing.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

I am not looking for any Call rate base dialling ...

We are with 2 numbers(A & B) in between call rates are low...

When we dial Number A ...call should go to B via A ...so that we can achieve this..

Hope is feasible.

CUCM doesn't understand about which PSTN trunk is cheaper, if all you want is routing so that if you call A, B and C to match something to send a special ANI, or to really route to other number, etc. Yes, you can, you just need to configure this accordingly.

You might want to explain what is the exact behavior you're trying to have, you already know what it is, and believe what you're posting explains it, but it does not.

Don't use A and B if you're not referring to devices, use numbers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate