cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber CSF client softphone mode CME 12.5

Christian Menz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i'm trying to test the new Jabber functionality which was released with 12.5 back to CME.

According to this document this should work fine:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmelabel.html#concept_71CB581EAD81407CB5EA2960AF83471B

Unfortnunatelly if you follow the guide it does not work.

If you open the client and choose Cisco Cummunications Manager 9 and set the server ip it can't login no matter the username / password combination is use.

If you copy it from the guide it can't work because Jabber requests at least on @ in the username.

I have read a couple of time about a phone-only mode and i have found some older documentation where you can install it from CMD with specific parameters but that does not seems to work with 12.X

Anyone got this working and has some tips for me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try the user you configured @ CME IP

You can also look at the PRT

The CME IOS compatibility notes do not show any Jabber version as supported, and docs don't explain how the configuration file or contact source would be configured.

I would start by looking at the PRT, and then discuss with your SE if he can find more details about this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try the user you configured @ CME IP

You can also look at the PRT

The CME IOS compatibility notes do not show any Jabber version as supported, and docs don't explain how the configuration file or contact source would be configured.

I would start by looking at the PRT, and then discuss with your SE if he can find more details about this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks yeah you are right i saw Jabber is not listed anywhere i will wait a couple of versions maybe the docmentation is finished then too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: