Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber download for CUCM

Installing our first Jabber on IM&P Version 10.5 and expected that Jabber might be a plug in that you download from the cluster.  Not the case, or I could not find it.   Downloading it from CISCO however, I get a version that seems to want an email address and offers no option to configure the server?   So were do you get Jabber if you are just planning to use it internally on CUCM and not through a cloud service?

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_0100.html#JABW_RF_AA52487D_00

Regards

Deepak

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Newer versions are meant to be used with SRV records so you configure those in your network, and once the user enters their JID, it will automatically find the right servers to use.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

what i note is that the windows jabber version I downloaded asks for the users email address, not their Jabber ID?  Can I configure the server record in ios?  I am using the voice gateway to do network services like NTP and DNS?  

They're both formatted the same way, and internally, the users can use their email address, assuming it does not match their JID. It will automatically change the email to their JID

HTH

java

That will depend on what versions are used, the Jabber documentation has a whole chapter dedicated to service discovery which covers this, if you haven't, I suggest you review that documentation.

HTH

java

Jamie does the server record point to the CUCM or the IM&P?  I am guessing registration to CUCM.