cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone picking up wrong voice mail server when user logs in

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CUCM 11.5.1 SU9 with 2 Unity Connection clusters both running 11.5. I have a user who is logging into Jabber on her iPhone and for some reason the wrong voicemail server is showing in her profile. I checked her voice mail account and it's in voice mail server 2 and her extension forwards to VM server 2 but when she logs into Jabber, it's showing VM server 1 under the voicemail account setting. It shows the right username but the wrong FQDN.

What I'm trying to figure out is where is Jabber getting the VM server configuration for this user? This is the first time I've run across this with about 1000+ Jabber users configured and not issues with logging into Unity Connection.

I had the user use the reset Jabber link and she re-entered her credentials but it's still pulling in the wrong VM server.

I don't see any reference in AD where the VM server is configured.

Any ideas on where to find and/or fix this association? A search of the web and forums didn't net me anything.

I appreciate any help.

4 Replies 4

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Make sure the user in question is assigned the same service profile as everyone else under the user management in CUCM. See if attached snapshot. 

Service profile is what among other things gives Jabber its ordered list of voicemail servers. If you are curious to see how they are configured, in CUCM, go to User Management > Service Profile and open a service profile. Also, to see the list of the UC services the service profiles are pointed to, go to  User Management > UC Service.

Check the UC service profile applied to the users. Make sure that you use the same service profile as others use. There could be multiple service profile and for this you might have assigned a different service  profile user.

1.png

Response Signature

Thank you for the suggestion. After I posted my question, I looked at the service profile configuration. We only have one UC service profile which is set as the default and all users are assigned to this profile.

I think my next step is to open a TAC case to see what I'm missing. I'm sure it's something simple and obvious.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you verify that the user is actually AD synced in CUC? 
I think the reason Jabber shows the wrong voicemail server is because the login failed on the first one, and it tried with the second VM server on its list. 

Let's say you double checked the user in unity connection, and it shows AD synced, then it is possible that the user's AD password contains some weird character(s) that the unity connection does not support. Try resetting it to something simpler and test again.

Another test that you can do is to see if they can log into the unity connection web inbox using the URL below. 
http://X.X.X.X/inbox (replace with Xs with the IP address or FQDN of Unity Connection)

They should be able to log in from both unity connection servers as far as the two unity connections are online, part of the same cluster (Pub/Sub), no database replications issues etc.

Note: If the user is not AD synced, they have to log into Jabber voicemail manually using the Web Application Password which is different from their VM PIN. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: