Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login user use CUCM enduser with LDAP

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

Is it possible to configure Cisco Jabber login users only to be created on CUCM and not to integrate with LDAP?

I had a customer who didn't have Windows AD deployed and wondered if Jabber phone and instant chat features would work that way

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

When LDAP Sync and / or LDAP Authentication is enabled, then you can still use local end users in CUCM.

Or other way round:

When you don't have any LDAP, you can add local end users in CUCM and work with those users.

As long as CUCM has a user in it's database, he doesn't care if that user is a local end user, or was synced into CUCM via LDAP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

When LDAP Sync and / or LDAP Authentication is enabled, then you can still use local end users in CUCM.

Or other way round:

When you don't have any LDAP, you can add local end users in CUCM and work with those users.

As long as CUCM has a user in it's database, he doesn't care if that user is a local end user, or was synced into CUCM via LDAP.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I tested it yesterday, and you can actually log in as a CUCM local user. However, I am having a problem searching for contacts in the Jabber client and am trying to fix this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: